Comit Tablet is a medication that is prescribed to treat male impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction. It works by increasing blood flow to the penis, which allows men to achieve and maintain an erection. Comit Tablet belongs to a class of drugs called phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors.
Comit 50mg Tablet may be taken with or without food. It is important to take it exactly as prescribed by your doctor. It is usually taken about 1 hour before sexual activity. The time it takes to start working can vary from person to person, but it usually takes between 30 minutes and 1 hour. This medication will only help you get an erection if you are sexually aroused. It should not be taken by people who do not have erectile dysfunction. Comit should not be taken more than once per day.
The most common side effects of Comit are flushing (feeling warm), headache, dizziness, blurred vision, muscle pain, stomach upset, and rash. If any of these side effects are bothersome or do not go away, talk to your doctor.
Comit is not intended for use by women and men should not use it to treat impotence without consulting a doctor first. It can be dangerous to take Comit with medications called nitrates (often prescribed for chest pain or angina). Do not take Comit if you have severe heart or liver problems, have recently had a stroke or heart attack, or if you have low blood pressure. Tell your doctor if you have any of these conditions or any other health problems before taking Comit. You should not drive if Comit makes you feel dizzy. Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Comit as it increases the risk of side effects.
How to Use
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Comit Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How it works
Comit Tablet is a phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) inhibitor. It works by relaxing the blood vessels in your penis, thereby increasing blood flow into the penis on sexual stimulation. This helps you achieve and maintain a hard, erect penis suitable for sexual activity.
- Comit is most effective when taken 1 hour before sexual intercourse, but you can take it between 30 minutes and 4 hours before sexual activity.
- It is not advisable to take Comit more than once per day.
- If you have an erection that lasts longer than 4 hours after sexual activity, seek medical attention.
- Do not use Comit if you have recently taken nitrates (medications used for angina or chest pain).
- Do not take Comit if you have had a heart attack within the past 3 months, or if you have had a stroke or heart failure or any other heart condition within the past 6 months.